Saturday, January 14, 2012

Roasted Carrot Fries


I have had to cut out quite a lot of food lately while trying to figure out exactly what all my baby girl is allergic to. My normal go-to snacks have been moved into the off-limits category and I am finding myself staring into my pantry at all the food I can't eat with a bit of depression setting in. I would love to just reach my little hand in there, grab a bag of my favorite chips and eat the whole bag and I do mean the WHOLE bag. OK, I probably wouldn't eat that much, but just thinking about them makes me want to!

Yesterday we had roast chicken with carrots and baked potatoes. It was completely satisfying and extremely DELISH! Simply, whole food. Yum. I loved the carrots so much, that I just had to turn them into a snack today! They turned out so great that I HAD to share the recipe with you! Super easy, healthy and scrumptious to boot!


Roasted Carrot Fries
4-6 carrots (I used organic)
1 T. Olive Oil or Spray Olive Oil
Salt to taste

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.

Remove the ends of your carrots and discard or save for compost. Cut your carrots in half then half the narrow part and quarter the thicker part.

When you are done cutting them, toss them into a small bowl and drizzle with olive oil (you can spray if you prefer). Lay them out in a single layer on a parchment paper lined baking sheet (this is not necessary but does make clean up a lot easier and the carrots won't stick.)

Place in preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes. Check often after 20 minutes to make sure they don't burn. You want some light browning as the sugars in the carrots crystallize and get the outsides perfectly crispy, but you don't want them to burn.

Remove from the oven toss with a spatula and let sit for a few minutes if you can make yourself wait. Enjoy!
If you aren't allergic to dairy, ranch would be a great dipping sauce. They are amazing on their own too!

1 comments:

Dbojtech said...

I blog often and I truly appreciate your content. The article has really gotten my interest. I am going to bookmark your blog and keep checking for new details about once per week. Thanks, I’ve been looking for certain facts on this topic for ages and yours is the best I’ve found useful details on.
Once again, nice content.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio