Sunday, January 22, 2012

Gluten free Blender Pancakes

While searching for a pancake recipe, I happen to stumble across this scrumptious recipe. I love breakfast! I mean REALLY love it. I dream of eggs and bacon, pancakes and sausage...yum! I wish there was a magical egg substitute that tasted just like a real fried egg. I miss eggs...yet, I am determined to make foods taste good and not just 'gluten, dairy, egg, corn free' I want it to be good by its own merit. Really a food to savor. That is what lead me to this quest for yummy pancakes.

I found a great recipe and reinvented it to make it allergy free for me and the kiddos. The result was not only a super easy recipe, but a very good one at that.

Gluten Free Blender Pancakes
1 1/2 Cup Dairy Free Milk Replacement (I used 1 1/3 C. water, 1/8 C. oil and 2 tsp sugar)
1 Tbs Sugar
2 Tbs Oil
2/3 C. Rice Flour
1/3 C. Tapioca Flour
1 tsp. Guar gum
1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
1-2 Tbs water, to thin batter if needed

Put milk substitute in blender and add remaining ingredients. Blend until smooth. Scrape down side of blender in case some flour has stuck. Blend again.

Heat a griddle to 375 degrees or a non-stick pan over medium heat. Do NOT grease the pan. Pour silver dollar size pancakes and flip when bubbly all over and edges are firm. Cook another minute and then remove from pan.

Top with Earth Balance butter substitute and your choice of maple syrup, jam, or whatever you love!

This can also be made ahead of time or the night before. Just blend again before pouring. Add 1-2 tbs water if needed to thin.

Picture coming soon. I would have had one, but they were so good, we ate them all before I realized we didn't get them pictured.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Templates by Delicious Design Studio